Find the answer to your Linux question:
Any special tips for Dell Mini laptop w/ Ubunto that seems impossible to connect to my home wireless internet connection? So far not thrilled with Ubunto so I would easliy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Connect to wireless Network

Any special tips for Dell Mini laptop w/ Ubunto that seems impossible to connect to my home wireless internet connection? So far not thrilled with Ubunto so I would easliy replace system

Hi and welcome.

The coffee lounge is not the right place for technical questions.
    About your wireless problem, I suggest to read this sticky first and post the information in a new thread in the wireless section. There are some very skilled members that are capable of answering your question.
    There are a lot of distro's to choose from, but your wireless problem is probably occurring with most of them, has to do with drivers for the wireless card most of the time. But once you have the solution for Ubuntu it will be the solution for other distro's as well.
    Enjoy the forum.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles4809 View Post
    The coffee lounge is not the right place for technical questions.
    Moved to wireless forum...
    oz

Whta kind of problems?

Quote Originally Posted by b3onmars View Post
    Any special tips for Dell Mini laptop w/ Ubuntu that seems impossible to connect to my home wireless internet connection? So far not thrilled with Ubuntu so I would easily replace system
    I have a Dell Mini9 that connected flawlessly, and easily with my linksys router. I have had no problems with wireless on this computer with Ubuntu factory install. What kind of problems are you having?

Greg