Find the answer to your Linux question:
At last I've got all requested information about my WLAN card and I would like to post it all in a new thread. At first my problem is, that my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with configuration of wireless card

At last I've got all requested information about my WLAN card and I would like to post it all in a new thread. At first my problem is, that my integrated PCI wireless card "Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter" just doesn't want to work in Linux (it's BackTrack 3 and 4 operating systems, but they are both Linux). It isn't recognized by this OS. I downloaded Linux drivers to my wireless adapter from the developers' page but they don't want to be installed in shell. There are a lot of errors after "make install" command, I can post these problems if necessary.

Now I post the information I obtained, using commands in the shell. I just attach these *.txt files (one of them I archived because of its size =30 kB). One more, "dmesggrepfirmware.txt" file doesn't have information, so he doesn't want to be attached here. This only means, that I have no information on command "dmesggrepfirmware". So, here are the files. I hope you can help me.

dmesg( rename it, it's RAR).txt

lsmod.txt

lspci.txt

uname.txt

Linux Guru
    I don't see a wireless device in the lspci output. Is this a USB wireless? If so, use this command.
    Code:
    lsusb
    You could try installing the compat-wireless package, found here:

Download - Linux Wireless

Your kernel (2.6.21) has limited support, so if you can upgrade the kernel first, it may be beneficial. You will also need the kernel source, maybe kernel headers and gcc installed, before you can install the compat-wireless drivers.
    Last edited by waterhead; 03-22-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    It's PCI integrated card. Linux doesn't see it at all. My Linux version is Backtrack 3 and 4, but I will try to install normal version, no live CD. I will try your advise.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close