Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by MikeTbob Come on, don't give up yet. You haven't been around the block yet and you already want to trade in a Ferrari for a Buick?? The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Come on, don't give up yet. You haven't been around the block yet and you already want to trade in a Ferrari for a Buick??
    The Applcations menu is the "Start Button" equivalent to Windows. It *should* be at the bottom/left of your screen with some type of Logo. When you click on it, it opens up a system menu with all your applications. Look for Teminal, Konsole, Xterm.
    ITS absolutly doing my head right in !

how do i get windows back on it ? i feel like slinging it out the window !

Linux Guru
    Windows has a menu just like all Linux distributions. How do you find applications in Windows?

I think that you are making this harder than it actually is. If you wiped out Windows, and now want it back, you will need someone to help you. Seeing that you can't seem to navigate a menu to start a program, you will never be able to install Windows by yourself.

Puppy Linux is not really a good example of what a full fledge Linux distribution is all about. It is a good distro for older PCs with little memory.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMac View Post
    ITS absolutly doing my head right in !

how do i get windows back on it ? i feel like slinging it out the window !
    Well, do you still have Windows on the machine or did you overwrite it when you installed Linux?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    Windows has a menu just like all Linux distributions. How to you find applications in Windows?

I think that you are making this harder than it actually is. If you wiped out Windows, and now want it back, you will need someone to help you. Seeing that you can't seem to navigate a menu to start a program, you will never be able to install Windows by yourself.

Puppy Linux is not really a good example of what a full fledge Linux distribution is all about. It is a good distro for older PCs with little memory.
    i bought this laptop on ebay and it already had linux instastalled.. im 65 what do you expect
    i hate this

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMac View Post
    im 65 what do you expect
    I am 51, and got my first PC 6 years ago. I had no prior computer experience before that.

I have these quotes by Henry Ford posted at my desk, at work:

“Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.”

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”

Oh, and I clean sewers for a living.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Okay its starting to get more clear. I've been having this problem too. What is a terminal? What are all these codes? Is terminal a like an open dos screen where you can type commands?

I'm using windows so would I use command prompt to find out what kind of hardware I have? If so would I enter the same commands as I would if it were a terminal?

These are Linux commands only. If you need help with Windows, then you perhaps you should try a Windows forum. Or download a Linux distro and give it a try.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2