Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have followed all the instruction and not sure what information I haven't given. The card has an arial sticking out the back and is slotted in just below the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I am not sure what information I haven't given!

I have followed all the instruction and not sure what information I haven't given.

The card has an arial sticking out the back and is slotted in just below the ethernet card. As I said it was using when this machine ran on windows XP.

May be I should take it out and slot it in again to see if the PC recognises it that way? Or just buy a new one. Which would be the easiest to install?

The other info asked for on the wireless help sticky is the output of
    Code:
    lsmod
    dmesg
    dmesg | grep firmware
    If you have the resources to buy a different wireless adapter, by all means. It doesn't appear this one is being recognized at all. If you choose to do that, make sure you research cards that work well under linux. Welcome - Linux Wireless

Linux Guru
    That's not a bad idea. Remove the card, and boot up. Then shut it down, replace the card, and boot back up. Then give us the output of lspci again.

Currently, the only Belkin card that we see is this one:
    Code:
    Belkin F5D5005 Gigabit Desktop Network PCI Card [11ab:5005] (rev 12)
    Which is this one here:
    Belkin : Gigabit Desktop Network PCI Card

That is definitely NOT a wireless card. Do you have a model number for the wireless card?
    Last edited by waterhead; 04-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    When you have the card out, could you look at the chips for any identification? Take a look at this Belkin wireless card, and click on the image to view i close up.

Belkin : Wireless G Desktop Card

That one appears to have a Realtek rtl8185L chip in it, and that is supported by Linux. There also is a Realtek network card showing up in the lspci list, but that is not a wireless card either.

Do you actually have two wired LAN cards installed? One may be an onboard, attached to the motherboard. The other then would be a PCI card. The reason I ask is because it may be misidentifying the card.

I see that Belkin offers another wireless PCI card. It is called a G+ wireless, and it looks like it has a Broadcom chip on it. But the picture is too fuzzy to tell the chip ID.

Belkin : Wireless G+Desktop Card
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2