Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: scanning issue.

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • scanning issue

1 50.00%
  • madwifi driver code problem

1 50.00%
Hi! I am using atheros chip set and madwifi driver, I have created virtual interface ( ath0 ) in station mode and associated to an AP, during scanning madwifi driver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

scanning issue.

Hi!
    I am using atheros chip set and madwifi driver, I have created virtual interface ( ath0 ) in station mode and associated to an AP, during scanning madwifi driver disconnects the Associated AP and then scans and connects back to same AP.
    i don't want driver to disconnect an Associated AP during Scanning, How will i do it.

I will be thankful, if anybody know the answer.

Thanks & Regards,
    G. Siva Prakash Reddy.

Linux Guru
    How do you expect it to scan for other networks when it is already connected? To do this would require two cards, one for scanning and one for connecting.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!

Scanning issue

Hi,
    Thanks for you're reply. Let's consider in roaming case, when 2 AP's have same SSID's, I have connected to one AP1 based on signal strength, now AP2 has better signal strength than AP1 , i won't to switch to AP2.
    for this i should scan for every 5 secs and then find the better singal stregnth and jump.

Thanks & Regards,
    G. Siva Prakash Reddy.