Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, my problem i am facing is i am not able to browse on mozilla wirelessly, ubuntu AUTOMATICALLY detected the DRIVER and also ESTABLISHED CONNECTION, but when i attempted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless not working in Ubuntu 9.04 on Laptop

Hey guys, my problem i am facing is i am not able to browse on mozilla wirelessly, ubuntu AUTOMATICALLY detected the DRIVER and also ESTABLISHED CONNECTION, but when i attempted to browse the web, pages would not load.

i can confirm that my wireless connection is working properly. i also tried downloading ndiswrapper and installing a new driver (blacklisting the old one) but still was not able to connect. (Local Area Network Connection works properly, ethernet auto establishes connection).

Laptops Details
    Manufacturer- Toshiba
    Model- Satellite a205-s5804
    OS- Ubuntu 9.04

Linux Guru
    Before we can help you, we need some specific information. read through the post linked to below, and provide the information that it explains how to find.

Wireless Setup - Start Here
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Have you tried editing /etc/networking/nm-system-settings.conf?
    edit that to say
    managed=true instead of false.

here is an overview of how i set my wireless up:
    1. sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-common
    2. sudo ndiswrapper -i driver.inf
    3. lspci -nn (note down the device id)
    4. sudo ndiswrapper -a ####:#### driver
    5. sudo ndiswrapper -m
    6. sudo gedit /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf (change managed to true)
    7. sudo depmod -a
    8. sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    9. sudo ifup wlan0

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Installing and loading NDISwrapper, without knowing anything about the wireless card and the native Linux drivers for it, is a sure way to really screw things up! I highly recommend you NOT do this, until you are sure that there is no Linux driver for it.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.