Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys, im new to linux and dont quite understand how to install the drivers for the new version of jaunty. my friend gave me a a disk with a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wifi drivers

hey guys, im new to linux and dont quite understand how to install the drivers for the new version of jaunty. my friend gave me a a disk with a wifi driver on it and i cant seem to install it correctly. maybe i need a new one? or maybe im not installing it properly? any help would be appreciated! im using an HP zd7140us laptop

thanx in advance,

Chris

Just Joined!
    any1 out there? id really appreciate the help!!!

Hi and Welcome !

I would suggest you to wait for a while. You will receive suggestion soon. Have you checked this sticky?

*** Duplicate threads are not allowed here and I have deleted your other thread started in Ubuntu Forum.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    sorry about that.

ive looked at that sticky, and im not sure i understand it. im not familiar with sudo command. and im not sure my laptop will give me any updates cause im not connected to the net.

Just Joined!
    i wish i had more info to give u. i kno when i first installed ubuntu on my laptop he gave me a bunch of sudo codes to get my internet running (by he, i mean my linux friend). but now he isnt responding to my messages and im completely lost. ive searching for help online for hours now. and no one is willing to give me a hand. sorry if i seem like a pain. but i just want my internet back

my old friend gave me a disk of drivers on it, such as network, cardbus, intel chip, wifi, modem. do i install all of them? or just one?

if so, how do i install these drivers? through sudo, or double click it and wait for the install manager to come up?

Linux Guru
    Drivers usually come preinstalled, except for some proprietary drivers.

We really need the info that the Wireless-Setup link tells how to find. That How-To is pretty self explanatory. Just type in the commands and copy the output to a post.

If you give us a list of the drivers on the disc, maybe we can advise you. If the drivers are for a different version of Ubuntu, you most likely won't be able to use it.
    Last edited by waterhead; 04-30-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.