Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
ALL of the requested info would be nice, as I hate trying to guess at things. Does the wireless have an on/off switch? When using it in windows, do you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

ALL of the requested info would be nice, as I hate trying to guess at things.

Does the wireless have an on/off switch? When using it in windows, do you disable the wireless before you shut it down (it could be an automatic configuration)? Try not disabling it, or changing the configuration.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

I never disable my wireless connection. I have attached the full dmesg output.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Linux User
    I found a solution that might work at wifi connection instantly dissassociating on hp2510p using iwlagn driver - LinuxQuestions.org. It seems to be a bug related to wireless N systems not using DHCP properly. .http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1871
    Last edited by Hal343; 07-10-2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: expansion
    Registered Linux User #420832

Hal343, that's interesting...it appears to be the same problem, but my wireless card uses the Ralink RT61 chipset, not Intel. Maybe I should re-emerge dhcp stuff?

Linux Guru
    Thank you for the info. But, I had trouble opening the file. In the future just post thing s like this using code tags. Click on the # sign at the top of the message window.

I did see one message referring to a firewall (ip_tables):
    Code:
    ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
    Make sure that any firewall is disabled, and try again. Also make sure that the firmware it is looking for is in the /lib/firmware folder.
    Code:
    rt61pci 0000:05:01.0: firmware: requesting rt2661.bin
    It does seem to be a problem connecting to the access point (AP). Try disabling the security on the AP, to see if it then can connect. Disable the security only for testing. It is not a good idea to do it permanently.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

After meddling with my /etc/conf.d/net (added my network under preferred_aps) and restarting net.wlan0, NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher a few times, I managed to get it online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2