Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like reed9 already said, delete everything after the first line. It should end up only containing this. Code: alias wlan0 ndiswrapper Before using NDISwrapper, you tried other drivers. Make sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Like reed9 already said, delete everything after the first line. It should end up only containing this.
    Code:
    alias wlan0 ndiswrapper
    Before using NDISwrapper, you tried other drivers. Make sure they aren't loading, otherwise they will interfere with NDISwrapper.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    I edited the conf file, and that took care of the errors. But now I have to install Wicd.

Is there a repository for Fedora 11 that has wicd in it? If so, where can I find it?

Linux Guru
    It doesn't seem to be available from a repository, but there is one available to install manually.

WICD Web Site
    Index of /repositories/system:/wicd/Fedora_11

Make sure you uninstall NetworkManager first, and maybe reboot before installing Wicd.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I'm trying to install it currently, but it seem I'd need internet access to download it from system_wicd.repo? Or should I do it a different way?

Quote Originally Posted by Canas View Post
    I'm trying to install it currently, but it seem I'd need internet access to download it from system_wicd.repo? Or should I do it a different way?
    Yes you need Internet to download from repos. You just need to get the rpms.
    Try looking under the correct arch folder (386, 586 or x86-64 for 64 bit OS) as posted by waterhead
    Index of /repositories/system:/wicd/Fedora_11
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Oh, thank you.

Since I'm completely new to Linux, and I think it would help to know for later, how do I install something using an rpm file?

Just Joined!
    Nevermind, I know how to install them, but I'm getting errors every time. (When using KPackageKit, it says "An error we were not expecting occured", and on the command line, it says that it needs dependencies)

I believe these are the basic dependencies for wicd. Packages may be named slightly differently in Fedora.

dbus-python
    dhcpcd
    ethtool
    notification-daemon
    pygtk
    python
    python-urwid
    shared-mime-info
    wireless_tools
    wpa_supplicant

You'll also need to make sure all of these are installed. If there is any way for you to get a wired connection for a short period, that is by far the easiest method.

Just Joined!
    Well, I have a working ethernet cable, but I already uninstalled NetworkManager and that kind of disables my ability to connect. :/
    Maybe I should have thought that through better. Is there anyway to temporarily reinstall Network Manager locally?

Linux Guru
    OOPS!

Do you have the installation DVD? It should be on that.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast