Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
I'm unfamiliar with USB Wireless cards. Do you mean something like this? Amazon.com: Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter: Electronics...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I'm unfamiliar with USB Wireless cards. Do you mean something like this?

Amazon.com: Linksys WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter: Electronics

Linux Guru
    Yes, but....

Linksys uses different chips in their wireless products, but uses the same name. The only difference is the "version" that the device is. Each version means that it is a different brand of wireless chip. Some work easier in Linux than others. Some work fine for some people, but not others (as you have experienced).

So, it is a gamble every time you purchase a wireless device. You may be best purchasing from a local store. This way you can return it if it doesn't work in Linux.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    In conclusion (hopefully) to this thread, I've reinstalled my original distro (Eeebuntu 3.0) and the wireless internet is working correctly. I didn't need to purchase a usb wireless device, fortunately. I think what went wrong was that it asks me to install some updates and a new kernel, and after installing it, my wlan just stopped working. So since all my devices are working (except for the mic, but that apparently is something that can't really be fixed yet for eeebuntu), I won't install the update and I'll just stick with this kernel.

Thank you all so much for all the help. Believe it or not, this has actually been a positive thing for me because I now know a lot more about how to do things with the terminal.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8