Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
As Waterhead mentioned, and I missed, they don't have a package for the kernel you're running. You either need to update your kernel or see if you can find an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

As Waterhead mentioned, and I missed, they don't have a package for the kernel you're running. You either need to update your kernel or see if you can find an older package.

Try searching on RPM Search

EDIT: Again, I think you should consider updating to a more recent release of Red Hat or CentOS.

if its an oracle certified deal you can try oracle linux and use the centos repositories, you will find that the centos and oracle distros are pretty much the same as red hats and that the 4.x series of red hat in the latest versions will have what you need kernel wise. you can also update your kernel as well.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!
    Carlos

Sorry for my ignorance on linux side.
    What are we talking here ? I have Redhat 4.x which can be upgraded to centos , is that right (does not require a fresh install). If yes , would appreciate if you can guide me to do so.

Many thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Installing CentOS would require a fresh install.

You may be able to upgrade from RHEL4 to RHEL5, but I believe that would require buying a Red Hat license. Or, if you have a current license, I recommend contacting Red Hat customer support.

Chapter*23.*Upgrading Your Current System

Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Installing CentOS would require a fresh install.

You may be able to upgrade from RHEL4 to RHEL5, but I believe that would require buying a Red Hat license. Or, if you have a current license, I recommend contacting Red Hat customer support.

Chapter*23.*Upgrading Your Current System
    this is what i was trying to say. I dont believe CentOS is certified with oracle either.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

You can install Oracle Applications on CentOS, but you're right, it isn't certified, so you wouldn't be able to get support from Oracle.

If the goal is just to learn about it, then that doesn't seem like a huge problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2