Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i have a limpus linux lite V1.0.21.E on an acer notebook. I am travelling with it and wireless normally works fine when i have the security password. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Please help - Wireless finds wifi signal when you click searches + disconnects

Hi i have a limpus linux lite V1.0.21.E on an acer notebook. I am travelling with it and wireless normally works fine when i have the security password. I have now moved into a house and the landlord provides wireless. All other computers connect fine. When i put mine on it finds the signal, i click it and it comes up to put the password in, then a cirrcle spins in the corner to show its connecting and then it comes up a message saying the wireless networkhas disconnected. Please help i dont understand at all. Ive checked the password heaps and its definetly correct. The landlord has resest the modem from her end and it still wont work. The modem is a blkiin n series f5d82334v3. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Linux Guru
    I had a similar problem with a Belkin router. I have a new n wireless card and got the n router to use it with.

I ended up installing the Wicd connection manager, as the stock Ubuntu NetworkManager seemed to be at fault. I don't know what Linpus is using as a connection manager, but if you can install Wicd, it may help.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Thank you. Do you know where i would download it from? im used to windows or mac so i dont really understand the technical info ive already found. If possible please explain simply. Thanks

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel03 View Post
    Thank you. Do you know where i would download it from? im used to windows or mac so i dont really understand the technical info ive already found. If possible please explain simply. Thanks
    wicd - home

If it isn't available from the systems repositories (aka: Install Software), you should be able to install it by following instructions for Fedora.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.