Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
We're moving away from anything I have experience with. I don't know CentOS/Fedora well, and I pretty much always manage my networks with WICD. I generally know how to manually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

We're moving away from anything I have experience with. I don't know CentOS/Fedora well, and I pretty much always manage my networks with WICD. I generally know how to manually set up networks in Debian and Arch, but this is the first I've seen reference to an ifcfg_ath0 file.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
    I downloaded the latest Madwifi. Extracted the file and I'm suppose to run MAKE and MAKE INSTALL. For whatever reason I'm getting this error. I've never had issues running MAKE before? Thoughts?

Code:
    [root@localhost madwifi-0.9.4]# make
    /bin/sh: line 0: cd: /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5/build: No such file or directory
    Makefile.inc:66: *** /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5/build is missing, please set KERNELPATH.  Stop.
    You need to install the kernel headers and the kernel source.

I'm not sure if that rpm you installed will give you anything but the source of the rpm file of the same name.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Hmm, yeah, I didn't look closely at what you installed. You don't want madwifi-devel, but I believe the madwifi-0.9.4.1-44_r4073.el5.i386.rpm package.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5