Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I would guess that you're not in the directory with the wl_apsta_mimo.o file. Are you in ~/broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5/driver ? (By the way, the ~ is a shortcut meaning /home/USER/) You can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I would guess that you're not in the directory with the wl_apsta_mimo.o file.

Are you in ~/broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5/driver? (By the way, the ~ is a shortcut meaning /home/USER/)

You can find out where you are by typing pwd. Also, you can type ls to list the files in the current directory. Is the wl_apsta_mimo.o file there?

Just Joined!
    I may not be in the driver folder. I am in home/USER and i see broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5.tar.bz2 but I dont see anything that looks like driver. I don't see the file wl_apsta_mimo.o either . Is there a way to search where that file (and directory) is located?

Just Joined!
    Is broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5.tar.bz2 supposed to be the driver folder with the apsta_mimo.o file inside of it?

This was the other file that I downloaded and saved in my home folder. Was I supposed to do anything with or to that file in addition to just putting it there?

export FIRMWARE_INSTALL_DIR="/lib/firmware"
    tar xjf broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5.tar.bz2
    cd broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5/driver
    sudo b43-fwcutter -w "$FIRMWARE_INSTALL_DIR" wl_apsta_mimo.o
    Did you do this?

Linux Guru
    There is a deb package that has Broadcom firmware, this may be easier for you to install. It is available from this site:

Component broadcom of jaunty-cafuego

Download the b43-firmware_1.1-0cafuego1_all.deb package. You can transfer it to a USB driver, if needed. You can then just click on it, and the Ubuntu package installed should pop up.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Ok ..I have it. Now do I need to enter any terminal commands to get this one running?
    I am going to put it on my laptop now.

Just Joined!
    I dubble clicked and it asked me to install. I installed. Now what?

I gotta bookmark that page, Waterhead. Thanks.

Once the firmware is installed, it should pretty much just work. Type iwconfig and see if it shows a wireless interface now, or check the network manager and see if it's showing your network.

If you're not seeing anything, check dmesg | grep firmware again and see if it's failing to load the firmware.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Did you do this?
    Yes. I still get an error saying that the wl_apsta_mimo.o file cannot be opened.

If you installed the package Waterhead posted, you don't need to do any of the other stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast