Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
ok. I think the program is working. Now the laptop searches for a connection for a while when I try connecting to my wireless signal, then it asks for an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ok. I think the program is working. Now the laptop searches for a connection for a while when I try connecting to my wireless signal, then it asks for an authentication key. My old key should still work but it isn't for some reason.

I thought I had a a WEP 128-bit connection but my laptop is now asking for WEP 40/128-bit key

Just Joined!
    I have tried the key in both options. My laptop searches for about two minutes and then asks me for the auth. key again.

It is definitely working. Its just not connecting.

Linux Guru
    I would just reboot. It should then load the firmware, unless that package didn't provide the correct firmware version. That could be determined by once again running this command.
    Code:
    dmesg | grep firmware
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    OMG!!! I love you guys! Thank you so much. I just got the connection to work. This is amazing!

Linux Guru
    You are very welcome. I am glad to have helped you solve your problem.

Enjoy!!
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4