Find the answer to your Linux question:
im sort of a newbie with linux, and i have no idea how i would go around installing the latest version of madwifi(0.9.4) on a backtrack 3 or backtrack 4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do i install madwifi on backtrack live cd?

im sort of a newbie with linux, and i have no idea how i would go around installing the latest version of madwifi(0.9.4) on a backtrack 3 or backtrack 4 lice cd(backtrack3 preffered) could anybody give a simple walkthrough if its possible?

Linux Guru
    Although it is possible to install things after booting into a LiveCD, they are not saved. You would have to do it every time you boot.

Also, the Madwifi drivers are depreciated, in favor of the ath5k/ath9k drivers. These drivers are in more current kernels. I would recommend using a Live CD of Ubuntu or Fedora. You will get a more rounded version of Linux, and a better Linux experience.

Backtrack is mainly used for "testing" networks. This is usually a euphemism for hacking or cracking network passwords, and that is illegal.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Mint has the driver you need I think, enabled by default,
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.