Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, This is how I setup a private network. Linux PC1 has ethernet and wireless LAN network interface. Linux kernel Version is 2.6.19. Linux PC1->ethernet Connection->Wireless Access Point. Linux PC1->Wireless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Activating Ethernet and Wireless LAN Interface Simultaneously in the Same Network

Hi,

This is how I setup a private network. Linux PC1 has ethernet and wireless LAN network interface. Linux kernel Version is 2.6.19.

Linux PC1->ethernet Connection->Wireless Access Point.
    Linux PC1->Wireless Connection->Wireless Access Point.
    Linux PC2->Ethernet Connecion->Wireless Access Point.

So now, Linux PC1, Linux PC2 and Wireless Access Point form a private network.

This is hiw I setup IP address.

Linux PC1 Eth0 IP Address: 192.168.1.100 [Ethernet Interface]
    Linux PC1 Eth1 IP Address: 192.168.1.101 [Wireless LAN Interface]
    Linux PC2 IP Address: 192.168.1.102 [Ethernet Interface]
    Wireless Access Point: 192.168.1.1

Whenever both the interfaces of Linux PC1 are configured and up, I cannot ping access point. But if I made ethernet interface of Linux PC1 down, I can ping access point. Similarly, If I made Wireless Lan Interface of Linux PC1 down, I can ping access point.
    Also if I try to ping Linux PC1 from Linux PC2 when both the interfaces of Linux PC1 are up, I cannot.

I came to the conclusion that, whenever eth0 and eth1 interfaces of Linux PC1 are up and configured, I cannot access the network. But if I make any one of them down, I can access the network. I want to make both the interface up and running. How should I do that?

Is the problem with iptables? How should I resolve this?

Regards,
    Sumit

Just Joined!
    generally,activate ethernet connection and wireless connection simultaneously will make a problem,the system will choose the better bandwidth of each way,but the route table may be the problem,if you need to activate these two,just set the IP :192.168.0.100 and 192.168.1.100 for them.