Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
well I installed the driver per the instructions on the last link you posted. I dont quite understand how I got it to work as when I installed it from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

well I installed the driver per the instructions on the last link you posted. I dont quite understand how I got it to work as when I installed it from the downloaded file, the problem still existed. Then I retried the driver from the CD, that did not work previously, and the computer detected the driver and the hardware. Im curious to as how the real solution came into being, but I thank you for all of the assistance!!

Unless the CD had a 64 bit driver lurking on it, it seems unlikely that that would work.

Look at the output of
    Code:
    lsmod | grep rt2870
    dmesg | grep rt2870
    dmesg | grep ndiswrapper
    You should see what driver is being used. Glad it's working for you though!

Just Joined!
    I have confirmed the driver (rt2870) is the one from the CD.
    When I first log into ubuntu, the connection is established flawlessly. About 5-10 minutes after being connected, the connection drops, and is unable to reestablish. When I attempt to restart the computer, the system seems to hang up on
    * Shutting down ALSA [OK]
    * Stopping Bluetooth
    Upon restarting Ubuntu, the sound is completely obscured.
    I looked up the problem and other people seem to have a variation of the 'bug'. Only since I got the drivers to work, and connecting to my router has the problem been occuring.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I disabled bluetooth, and my connection was working fine for about two hours last night, when all of a sudden it dropped once again. I tried connecting the next day and is still having problems connecting, but no system hang-ups since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2