Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to find one for a PC I am building. I at at newegg being scared by the horrible reviews......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Adapter Card

I am trying to find one for a PC I am building. I at at newegg being scared by the horrible reviews...

Just Joined!
    Well I found one which I can't link so I guess I will sahre the model itself:

AZiO AWD102N IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Adapter WPA/WPA2; 64/128-bit WEP; TKIP/AES

Would that oen work with linux? I am only have used Linux for internet browsing...

There is a linux driver on the manufacturer website so it is certainly possible to get this card working with linux. However, it looks like it might not work out of the box.

rt2800pci - Linux Wireless

The driver appears to be in the staging area of the linux kernel. This is basically an area for drivers that are not yet ready for one reason or another to be included in the main kernel.

There is also the rt2x00 project, which maintains a driver for this chipset.

This is probably all confusing for you, but the bottom line is that it probably won't work out of the box in most distros, at least from what I found, but it can certainly work.

For Ubuntu 9.04, here is a guide for compiling the driver.
    My Corner of the World: Ralink RT2860 Wireless in Ubuntu Jaunty

For Fedora, here is a guide.
    HOWTO: Native rt2860, rt2870 & rt3070 wireless drivers for Fedora - FedoraForum.org

It's possible that it will work out of the box in the upcoming Ubuntu 9.10 or other upcoming distros.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close