Find the answer to your Linux question:
I believe that I have started a thread in Kubuntu Help , but I can't find it again. Now, my problems are: 1. I'm new to anything else but XP. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WPA-PSK on Kubuntu

I believe that I have started a thread in Kubuntu Help, but I can't find it again. Now, my problems are:
    1. I'm new to anything else but XP. This i written with XP and my WPA-PSK network connection.
    2. I can not find out how to connect my brand new Kubuntu-only-labtop to this net. It works allright with my neighbours open wireless network, but it seems that my problem is, that I do not understand how the Kubuntu Network Manager should be filled in.

I have this information from the router:

Physical adress:
    IP- adress
    Sub net mask
    Std. Gateway
    DHCP-server
    DNS server
    Wan port Mac adress

Can anyone help me filling in the Kubuntus"Edit Network Connection"?

Is there an easy way to come back to the threads one make?

Linux Guru
    By clicking on your name at the left, you can select to see all of your posts. You have only made this post, and two in someone else's help thread. There is Kubuntu section that I am aware of. Since it is a version of Ubuntu, most Kubuntu questions will go there.

But since this is a wireless quetion, I will move it to the Wireless Internet section.

Troubleshooting wireless will first need some detailed information. Read the thread linked to below. It describes the info needed, and how to find it. Post that info in this thread.

Wireless Setup - Start Here
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Hello Waterhead, This looks very complicated, and I hope that it is not nessecary in my case, since I can go on the internet when I use my neighbours wireless, which has no WPA-PSK.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    To troubleshoot, you need to know the basic information first. If you can follow the instruction, then run the script in the second section.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.