Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I read that window's driver for modems can be enabled in Linux by copying ndiswrapper . I dunno into which folder to copy it . I am using Huawei ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Enabling window's driver into linux for internet modem

Hi!
    I read that window's driver for modems can be enabled in Linux by copying ndiswrapper . I dunno into which folder to copy it . I am using Huawei wireless modem in India .

I don't believe you have to put it in any specific folder. I think you just call ndiswrapper command and pass in the windows driver. Just type ndiswrapper command in terminal, it should tell you what to do.

Linux User
    Huawei wireless modems are supported natively in Linux... you don't need the windows driver or ndiswrapper.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrose0510 View Post
    Huawei wireless modems are supported natively in Linux... you don't need the windows driver or ndiswrapper.
    Hi,thanks .
    It is a BSNL supply and their CD gives only window drivers . I do not find any download sites for Linux driver .
    I am new to linux.
    In India , we easily get cheap matrimonial advertisements encouraging caste system , not the Linux knowledge

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by coopstah13 View Post
    I don't believe you have to put it in any specific folder. I think you just call ndiswrapper command and pass in the windows driver. Just type ndiswrapper command in terminal, it should tell you what to do.
    Hi, thanks . I shall try