Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello all of you guys , this is my first post here , i have installed rhel 5.2 in my hp nc 8430 lappy but the wifi network is not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy how to install wifi driver for RHEL5.2 in HP compaq nc 8430 laptop

hello all of you guys , this is my first post here , i have installed rhel 5.2 in my hp nc 8430 lappy but the wifi network is not detecting automatically my wifi network like ubuntu and others, and my network manager is also searching all the time wifi network but it is unable to find it. so please tell me what should i do for getting access internet through wifi.
    thank you

Hello and Welcome.
    Start here and post the required info back here please.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

A current RHEL release uses a much older kernel than a current general desktop distro release. For example, the latest RHEL 5.4 release uses a 2.6.18 kernel, whereas the current Fedora 12 uses 2.6.31.5. Hardware support is largely dependent on the kernel, although RHEL does backport some later drivers.

In general, I don't think they put a lot of effort towards supporting wireless cards, since they are a server and enterprise oriented distro, and good wireless support isn't really critical to those functions.

But, as Mike said, if you give us more info on your wireless card from the link, we can probably help get it working.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok thanks a lot reed9 , you clear my doubt thanks a lot , can i have your yahoo id or any email address , by which i can contact to you ?

Quote Originally Posted by nit_rhce View Post
    ok thanks a lot reed9 , you clear my doubt thanks a lot , can i have your yahoo id or any email address , by which i can contact to you ?
    Sorry, just through the forums.