Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, System is HP Pavillion DV6 with Broadcomm 4357, running core 12. Driver is the 64-bit one supplied by Broadcomm (not the more generic one available from Fedora.) Connects fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No WPA, No WEP

Hi,

System is HP Pavillion DV6 with Broadcomm 4357, running core 12. Driver is the 64-bit one supplied by Broadcomm (not the more generic one available from Fedora.)

Connects fine on open wireless networks (like the one at FreeGeek.)
    Connects fine with wireless at home when using Win 7 (it's a dual-boot box.)

Pretends to connect to the wireless at home when instructed, but cannot find any routes, and cannot find any IP's except the ones on the local machine (127.0.0.1 for instance.)

ifconfig says the card is enabled, transmitting, and receiving errors.
    iwconfig says the card is there and accepting commands, except for anything involving set key.

Tried switching off power management at bootup, but that didn't help either.

This is most likely something really straightforward for someone who deals with wireless more than once every three years. After all, the device works (for the Borg,) works unencrypted, and reports all is well.

What should I try next -- remove the WAP password from the setup? Start over and follow a very precise regimen of commands? Remove the driver and use the generic bc43nn drivers from fedora?

Linux Guru
    You can start by providing the info, detailed in this thread:

Wireless Setup - Start Here
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.