Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I've noticed a problem with my wireless setup in Linux (the one I just got working that I mentioned in the "wireless-on-SPARC" thread). If I don't use it for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless disconnecting when inactive

Hi.

I've noticed a problem with my wireless setup in Linux (the one I just got working that I mentioned in the "wireless-on-SPARC" thread). If I don't use it for a while, and come back to it, it has "disconnected" and I have to reset it by bringing it down then up. Why is it doing this and how can I stop it? Power management is "off" according to iwconfig.

Linux Guru
    How about system power management? Are you using suspend-to-disk (hibernate) or any other type of power management? Disable everything, including screen saver, and see if that changes anything.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    How about system power management? Are you using suspend-to-disk (hibernate) or any other type of power management? Disable everything, including screen saver, and see if that changes anything.
    There is no screensaver as there is no GUI on it, and I don't think there's a suspend-to-disk either. Wouldn't that make it impossible to log in to the thing remotely (which I can do. The wireless just goes out.)?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close