Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just created a ubuntu eee bootable usb stick.All is well in the install but I cannot get the wireless connection to work.I have tried to do a manual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Asus wireless connection pc eee

I have just created a ubuntu eee bootable usb stick.All is well in the install but I cannot get the wireless connection to work.I have tried to do a manual configuration to no avail and at a loss as to what to try next.Maybe I am not entering the correct parameters.Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am new to the use of Linux.A walk thru of the method would be good.I have a medion pc with windows xp running on a netgear wireless router
    Thanks in anticipation of a solution.

Thanks for the response from Mike TBob but i`m sorry the info means nothing to me.
    As a complete beginner I need a little more guidence as to where I put the code information and what buttons to press.It seems to me that there must be a simpler way to resolve this .
    As I say I am a complete beginner.
    PS It is the Asus 701 that has the problem

Linux Guru
    Ok. Iwill bite one more time.

Plug in the pen drive with the 701 turned off.
    When you power on go into bios. Not the Esc key. Use the other key (think it is F12). I am not on my 900 right now.

When in bios. Look for wireless. Make sure it is enabled/turned on.
    You should have a blue light on on the front of your 701 when wireless is turned on.
    Save changes and exit bios if needed if wireless was turned off.
    Now use your Esc key to boot into EEEUbuntu pendrive.

After eeubuntu boots.
    Find your Network manager. (top right monitor icon on top taskbar)
    Check the box that says enable wireless.
    Look for your router after that is connected. Connect.
    I amjust gonna supply some links so you can learn a little about running Linux.

RReading - Eeebuntuwiki

10 Free Linux Ebooks For Beginners | LinuxHaxor.net

On next link scroll down to EEE pc 701 and read bug fixes.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...hines/Netbooks

More info from Ubuntus wiki

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC/Fixes

Like I said in earlier post to you. I have yet to have any problems running my Asus EEpc 900 under any flavor of Linux. Hope you can figure out where things are going wrong. I mention the bios thing because the one time I booted EEEUbuntu from pendrive (I didn't like it, just a personal preference thing) . For some reason wireless WAS turned off in bios when that pendrive booted. After I turned it on in bios. Everything connected. Good Luck with it. Happy Trails, Rok