Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
If I knew of a way to force it to detect the device, I would have already had you try it. I still believe that this may be a problem ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

If I knew of a way to force it to detect the device, I would have already had you try it.

I still believe that this may be a problem with your choice of Linux distribution (Dream Linux). That is why I asked you to try a different one. Otherwise, you may need to seek help from the Dream Linux developers. When you use a test version, bugs are often found. The developers need to be notified so that they can fix it.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    If I knew of a way to force it to detect the device, I would have already had you try it.

I still believe that this may be a problem with your choice of Linux distribution (Dream Linux). That is why I asked you to try a different one. Otherwise, you may need to seek help from the Dream Linux developers. When you use a test version, bugs are often found. The developers need to be notified so that they can fix it.
    Yes, That is why I am investigating it, trying to submit a solution.

Debian 5.0 does not seem to say anything different than DreamLinux 4.0 Aplha does, which is a Debian 5.0 backend.

My hope is that this will be my first major bug I solved and submitted for consideration to my developers. So I hoped that since you dunno how to fix it, you might be able to refer me to a place that can. I guess I can try Dev Shed ?

Thank You Paul.

Steve

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SA.com View Post
    WiCD Detects Both My Network & The girl' s Accross the street But Mine Does not Work without manually adding the DNS Settings, Gateway, Router IP and so forth, yet I dont need to do this withe neighbors networks at all.

I' m in need of a solution, after weeks of screwing with it, I' m slap ready to pull my hair out.

Any help ?
    Note: This is a bug in DreamLinux In several Versions. It appears to be an issue with WiCD 1.5.3 and upgrading gets rid of the custom Dream-Network Script so WiCD will not work at all. Be sure to find this custom script BEFORE you upgrade WiCD and put it on a pen drive. If you do not, your WiCD will break permanently. DreamLinux 4.0RC should fix this, but the WiCD developer Python code is a sorted mess at best.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6