Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Oh, except you are using 64 bit, and it's doubtful that driver will work. Unless there is a 64 bit XP only driver out there, which I doubt, you may ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Oh, except you are using 64 bit, and it's doubtful that driver will work. Unless there is a 64 bit XP only driver out there, which I doubt, you may need to run a 32 bit distro.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the replies, reed. I was considering the distro thing last night. I suppose I will have to change something.

To clarify for anyone else who may see this, or have similar issues with the same stick. The D-Link CD had a folder for 32- and 64-bit Vista drivers, and one that simply said WinXP/2K or something very similar. This is the same if you get their drivers off the net.

Reed seems to have hit the nail on the head. I have installed a 64-bit distro, and I have a USB adapter (D-Link WUA 2340) which has no support for 64-bit XP drivers. So, ndiswrapper can't help me much. I venture a guess that the people who have posted success stories with the same model of adapter were running a 32-bit distro.

Out of curiosity, are there any USB devices known to work for 64 bit distros? If there's a cheapy buy, I'd look into it. Otherwise, it seems I'm looking at a re-install.

Just Joined!
    Ha, in the spirit of helping onself I googled the following terms:

"64 bit linux usb adapter" and click the first link (Linuxant).

I'm sorry for inconvenient directions, the forum still won't let me post links for several more posts.

This may help other forum members deal with some 64-bit wifi issues, though I'm not sure my USB adapter will be supported.

Cheers

There are USB wireless adapters with native linux drivers, which would work fine with a 64 bit system. The trouble is in finding them.

USB - Linux Wireless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2