Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I am running Puppy Linux 4.21, 4.12, Mediapup 4.12 and Tuxxx's Firehydrant on an HP ze5600 notebook. My wifi does work. I was able to connect to one particular ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot connect to particular open network

Hi!
    I am running Puppy Linux 4.21, 4.12, Mediapup 4.12 and Tuxxx's Firehydrant on an HP ze5600 notebook.

My wifi does work. I was able to connect to one particular open network for some time until suddenly something changed. I can still connect but i cannot access any web pages. I get a 192 ip address but the browser tries to connect until it times out.

I can connect to other open networks with no difficulties.

Is there anything on my end that could explain this? If not, what changed on the other end? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    No one has run into this before?

Hello walter90,

How's your problem? Let me give it a shot...
    My wifi does work. I was able to connect to one particular open network for some time until suddenly something changed.
    The problem might be with the router of the network you have been using. I experienced it for some time that I my laptop can connect to the open network but can't go to the internet.

If you are able to connect without issues in other open networks, that may be a confimation. Just a guess Good luck!
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close