Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hrm. The rt2800usb module shouldn't have anything to do with the wireless mouse or keyboard. So you're not able to log in to your computer? Do you have a regular ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hrm. The rt2800usb module shouldn't have anything to do with the wireless mouse or keyboard.

So you're not able to log in to your computer? Do you have a regular keyboard/mouse you can temporarily use?

If you can sign on can you post the output of
    Code:
    dmesg
    What sort of encryption are you using on your network? I found a bug report on this problem, and people were having trouble with WPA/WAP2 encryption as well.

Alright, more looking, and another bug report. At least one person with your card reported installing this updated firmware fixed his problem.

Code:
    wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-firmware/linux-firmware_1.37_all.deb
    sudo dpkg -i linux-firmware_1.37_all.deb

Just Joined!
    Thank you so much!

(Sorry for time delay had to go feed the dog.)

Turns out my mouse/keyboard issue was my impatience, come back 30mins after feeding dog and they work... no idea why.

Also turns out the usb network adapter works too! For which I am sure I have you to thank.

I'm quite new to linux, and bit of a beginner which programming but so far enjoying both and learning a great deal.

Thanks again for all the support. I can send you the dmesg output if its still of any interest, but I suspect probably not??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks again.

Rachel

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yup, if it's working no need for the dmesg output. Glad it got sorted out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2