Find the answer to your Linux question:
Here is the output code: Want to know what the output is? WELL TOUGH LUCK! i CAN'T POST IT BECAUSE IT THINKS IT IS A STSUPID LIURL! YOUR FORUM SUCK ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Unhappy Too many errors trying to setup wifi on ubuntu 10.04

Here is the output code:

Want to know what the output is?
    WELL TOUGH LUCK! i CAN'T POST IT BECAUSE IT THINKS IT IS A STSUPID LIURL! YOUR FORUM SUCK i'M DONE.
    LYOU CAN CAN MUY MEMBERSHIP BEC YOU CAN'T HELP ME ANYWAYS FOOLS

To get this far, took finding a forum in chinese using the search terms you'd expect to use - Azio awd102n. But no! You have to use rt2860 as if a newbie would know that! :P Yes, my card is supposed to work out of the box - plug and play but it is not plug and play according to a mac and pc user. :dazed: So much for having wifi at coffee shop on desktop this morning.

(The other thread in the other forum can be deleted as that other thread is not in the wifi section, but should have been. Its outdated anyways, as that was before I found tutorial.)

Just Joined!
    The Linux Community promises to always provide an user-friendly software environment. In hostile software environments, the Linux Community promises to always provide useful advice.
    For instance, follow the instructions in the "Start Here" sticky of this thread.

PS. I saw the post you made in bytes. What you were trying to do is utter nonsense. More particularly, you were trying to compile the driver but were using incorrect commands.

PPS. Use code tags.

Banned

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by trutheality View Post
    The Linux Community promises to always provide an user-friendly software environment. In hostile software environments, the Linux Community promises to always provide useful advice.
    For instance, follow the instructions in the "Start Here" sticky of this thread.

PS. I saw the post you made in bytes. What you were trying to do is utter nonsense. More particularly, you were trying to compile the driver but were using incorrect commands.

PPS. Use code tags.

1) I DID use quote tags.
    2) HERE said it was URL and I wasn't allowed.
    3) I quit here, but being that I got an email. I came back
    4) If it was nonsense, when I attempted to follow a tutorial then why did you not post in the Bytes correcting me? I KNOW I have issues getting the correct folder in terminal!
    5) I did check Bytes just half an hour ago and saw no new post.
    6) bytes tells me when someone posts.
    7) I guess I'm done.

Just Joined!
    I didn't reply in bytes because I have no intention to join bytes.

Before you do what you were trying to do, I suspect Ubuntu already has your driver. To check if it is loaded properly do
    Code:
    lsmod | grep rt2860sta
    If you see it show up then you already have it and there is no need to install it again.

What you wanted to do to install it was
    Code:
    cd 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/
    make
    sudo -i
    make install
    Notes:
    You were already in jyzrxal so you can't change directory (cd) to it again from itself.
    You can use "ls" to see what files and directories are in the current directory (and hence where you can cd to from here).
    "sudo -i" does the same thing as "sudo su" -- makes you root (the administrator).

Banned

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by trutheality View Post
    I didn't reply in bytes because I have no intention to join bytes.

Before you do what you were trying to do, I suspect Ubuntu already has your driver. To check if it is loaded properly do
    Code:
    lsmod | grep rt2860sta
    If you see it show up then you already have it and there is no need to install it again.

What you wanted to do to install it was
    Code:
    cd 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/
    make
    sudo -i
    make install
    Notes:
    You were already in jyzrxal so you can't change directory (cd) to it again from itself.
    You can use "ls" to see what files and directories are in the current directory (and hence where you can cd to from here).
    "sudo -i" does the same thing as "sudo su" -- makes you root (the administrator).
    Its supposed to already have my driver! And, according to a Chinese forum, it is suppose to work out of the box. However, what you posted I did do oriignally, not the very first bit of code, but the second...

Now, as long as WITH CODE TAGS your program does not consider the following URLs like it INSISTED when I post the other results before WITH CODE TAGS, You will get my result. However, if it does not allow me to post it, then my result is over at the other forum, where I do not have to spam with 15 crap posts just to post code help. And, because I'm not posting folder Slash folder, maybe it will post this time. :P

Code:
    jyzrxal@Jupiter:~$ cd 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/
    bash: cd: 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/: No such file or directory
    jyzrxal@Jupiter:~$ make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    jyzrxal@Jupiter:~$ sudo -i

lsmod | grep rt2860sta
    rt2860sta             481561  1 
    root@Jupiter:~# cd 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/
    -bash: cd: 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/: No such file or directory

Banned
    Also, the other data is...
    Code:
    jyzrxal@Jupiter:~$ ./WirelessSetup
    lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

jyzrxal@Jupiter:~$

Just Joined!
    Did WirelessSetup create a wireless_setup.txt file in your home directory?
    Can you post it?

According to the output of lsmod, you have the driver set up, but for some reason the network interface is either down or missing.

User tpgames asked to be removed from this forum, for which he or she obviously has little respect. I have complied with that request and hope they find the assistance they need in another forum.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants