Find the answer to your Linux question:
Great subject! Informative answers! But don't forget about Satellite internet. The prices are comming down. I live in the country and have only dial-up. I've checked some different options and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless internet

Great subject! Informative answers! But don't forget about Satellite internet. The prices are comming down. I live in the country and have only dial-up. I've checked some different options and I found I can get broadband high speed for about $15 a week and not have to buy anything.

__________________________________________________ __

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are definitely places/times when satellite internet is the way to go. If you get decent cell phone coverage, there are options there as well. For example, I have (at about the same $15/week cost) unlimited wireless broadband internet from Sprint. The modem is a USB device and works on fixed systems or laptops just fine. I get DSL speeds, and have used it all over the country without any problems. I was even able to use it going cross-country on Amtrak a couple of winters ago, and the only places I lost connection (even at 60mph on the train) was in Dark Country in the Rockies and Sierra Nevada mountains.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!