Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having the same problem. I've done everything in "Wireless Setup - Start Here" and the terminal gave me some error that WirelessSetup doesn't exist. I'm considering switching from Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post WirelessSetup doesn't exist

I'm having the same problem. I've done everything in "Wireless Setup - Start Here" and the terminal gave me some error that WirelessSetup doesn't exist.

I'm considering switching from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 10.04 but before I do, I have to be absolutely sure that I can get on the internet after its installed.

You were likely trying to run the script from the wrong directory or something similar.

I assume you were running this from the live cd, if you haven't installed yet?

Just open a terminal, and post the output of
    Code:
    lspci -vnn
    lsmod
    If you need to redirect the output to text files, so you can copy them to a machine with internet access, do
    Code:
    lspci -vnn > wireless.txt
    lsmod >> wireless.txt
    Note the two >> in the second command. Important or you'll overwrite the file instead of appending the new info to the end. This will create a file called wireless.txt in your current working directory.