Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have been searching for weeks for the right card for me. I get some information but not all to choose a purticular card I have went through this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mini-PCI card with monitor and inject mode

Hi

I have been searching for weeks for the right card for me.
    I get some information but not all to choose a purticular card

I have went through this help page to find the right mini-pci card.

But this does not tell me whether the cards support monitor mode and injection.

I need these modes so that I can do my internal Certified Ethical hacker assignment.

Currently i have Dell 1395 and its rubbish
    I need a new card that supports Ubuntu and Backtrack out of the box and have monitor and injection mode.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello and Welcome.
    Perhaps you could find a machine that has the hardware you would like to try in a local store and ask them if you can verify that it works with Linux, you "might" even buy it, if it does work....use a LiveCD or LiveUSB to test the machine.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What functions does this card need to provide? By "monitor mode" I assume you do not mean display output (video). What do you mean by "injection"?

Anyway, since you posted this in the "Wireless Internet" forum, I assume you need a mini-pci card that provides WiFi capabilities?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    What functions does this card need to provide? By "monitor mode" I assume you do not mean display output (video). What do you mean by "injection"?

Anyway, since you posted this in the "Wireless Internet" forum, I assume you need a mini-pci card that provides WiFi capabilities?
    He's talking packet injection.

Backtrack Hardware Compatibility List

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    To Reed9:

I figured that. It's just I like to see people being a bit more clear/explicit in their descriptions of their needs and/or problems. Anyway, hopefully he'll find your reference link useful.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!