Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Time Warner Roadrunner wireless internet with a Netgear router. The internet is extremely fast, but whenever I try to play an internet game called Starcraft, I can join/create ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I make my wireless internet connection more stable?

I use Time Warner Roadrunner wireless internet with a Netgear router. The internet is extremely fast, but whenever I try to play an internet game called Starcraft, I can join/create games, but I usually drop out because my wireless connection isn't "stable." I've played Starcraft on my dial-up connection before, and it is extremely stable. How do I make my wireless internet more stable?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It probably isn't the wireless, but more likely the cable service. However, it COULD be the wireless. Assuming you have an 802.11b/g wireless, a 2.4GHz wireless phone will interfer with it and cause drop outs very easily. Even if you don't have a 2.4GHz phone in the house, a neighbor's can cause problems. So, for gaming, try a wired connection to the router. If you are likely to be playing in another area of the house where you can't get cabled to the router, you can use a power-line ethernet adapter. We do that at our house to connect my wife's systems to our router which is in my basement office.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!