Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Federo 5 installed and unable to connect to Internet. At my home i have braodband and it is wireless enabled. I am able to connect to it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless connection setup on Federo 5

Hi,
    I have Federo 5 installed and unable to connect to Internet. At my home i have braodband and it is wireless enabled. I am able to connect to it from my windows XP.

Can you let me know what are the steps to be followed to do a similar setup in Federo to connect to Internet?

Ndiswrapper

Hello, I believe this depends on your hardware. Open a terminal and type "lspci". Find the wireless adapter which should be about second or third line from bottom. Once you find the model of the adapter, look for the windows driver online. Now download Ndiswrapper and search it from google. . Install that and go back to the driver of your wireless card model. Navigate to the .inf file and use that with Ndiswrapper. It should configure a driver to work with linux. Rebbot and it should scan and find networks. If this works correctly, keep the driver on an external drive or flash drive for later purposes.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, VinayKS

If you are referring to Fedora Core 5 when you say Federo 5, you need to know that it reached its End of Life over 3 years ago and is no longer supported, so it's highly advisable to install a later version of Fedora which should yield much better hardware support for you.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close