Find the answer to your Linux question:
What's best that will offer the most compatibility with linux distros? (Ubuntu, fedora, and & Slackware specifically) And also going to use this router to connect ps3, wii, a few ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

In the market for a router

What's best that will offer the most compatibility with linux distros? (Ubuntu, fedora, and & Slackware specifically)
    And also going to use this router to connect ps3, wii, a few smartphones and some windows laptop and a macbook.
    is there one router that will offer the best compatibility across these platforms?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaaKC View Post
    What's best that will offer the most compatibility with linux distros? (Ubuntu, fedora, and & Slackware specifically)
    And also going to use this router to connect ps3, wii, a few smartphones and some windows laptop and a macbook.
    is there one router that will offer the best compatibility across these platforms?
    I can't speak on all your requirements, but this router is one of the most popular routers out there, and it can use different open source firmwares:

Newegg.com - Linksys WRT54GL 802.11b/g Wireless Broadband Router up to 54Mbps/ Open Source DD-WRT

...plus it is on sale for a few days as I type this.

I have one and love it. You can check the reviews given there to see what others think of it. I'm considering buying another one just to have on hand for the day my current router dies.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I'm getting giggles over the fact that this is the one my friend just showed me an hour earlier.
    I'll look into it more and see what it can/can't connect with.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    If you should get one, here are some of the popular firmwares that you can run on it:

DD-WRT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OpenWrt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tomato (firmware) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    oz

Just Joined!
    oh man, you've been so helpful, thanks much!

Banned
    yes it is really the one of good router i used it