Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an application running on ARM processor Linux platform. My product has Wireless LAN Client Interface. I was able to scan for wireless lan access point and was able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iwconfig and WiFi

I have an application running on ARM processor Linux platform. My product has Wireless LAN Client Interface. I was able to scan for wireless lan access point and was able to connect to it successfully through eth1 interface. After that I was able to ping access point IP address from my client.

After some time, the connectivity goes away and I don't see any access point after scan. When I type in the command 'iwlist eth1 scan', I get error "eth1 No scan results". Also if I type 'iwconfig eth1 essid "<essid of access point>"', I get error
    "Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Resource temporarily unavailable. "

How to resolve this error?

Regards,
    Sumit

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I wish I could answer this question to your satisfaction. There are some points to consider.

1. The system initially recognizes and is able to connect to the AP. This means that the basic hardware/software (driver, etc) are functional.
    2. After "some time" (not specified how long), the wireless loses connectivity and cannot restore itself. I assume that rebooting will restore service. That means there is probably a driver problem. Possibly there is an interrupt masking problem in the driver kernel code.

So, what distribution+version+kernel for this ARM board are you running? What is the WiFi chip set that it is using? Have you looked for updated/patched drivers for the WiFi?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Yes, rebooting restores the service. "Some time" here means random time as it is random behavior mostly observed when there is heavy traffic over the air through WLAN interface. You could be right. Because just before some time I have seen debug messages from driver viz. "Interrupt with INTStat as 0xe0". So this could be driver problem.

Thanks for your reply. I have been also fighting with one more issue of "Empty Flash" messages with this kernel version. I have already created thread for that under kernel forum. Here is the link for your reference:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ker...le-system.html

Can you please take a look at that and provide your comments? You have already provided your inputs on this. But I have provided additional information and additional observations. Your inputs are really appreciated. Its been 4 months I am fighting against this issue in various possible ways I can.

Thanks.