Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had recently done my usual updates on my kubuntu machine and for some reason, it screwed up pretty much everything on it! I brought it over to my friends ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Recent update screwed up kubuntu

I had recently done my usual updates on my kubuntu machine and for some reason, it screwed up pretty much everything on it! I brought it over to my friends place and found out that the front end stopped communicating with the back end. my problem right now is that this also caused the internet manager to stop functioning. I did somewhat of a bypass and got wired working, but I have to have the cable plugged in upon startup and I also have no wireless. Help would be greatly appreciated on this matter. thanks!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is not enough information. What versions were you running? What version did you upgrade to? Did you reinstall the WiFi proprietary driver and/or firmware?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    This is not enough information. What versions were you running? What version did you upgrade to? Did you reinstall the WiFi proprietary driver and/or firmware?
    I ended up installing an older version and ended up doing 2 OS upgrades to the current. I removed all the internet drivers and then reinstalled them. I'm using an older DELL wireless card and it works fine in XP. I'm using kubutu lucid lynx and everything is current. I have reason to believe that I got a couple bad files in one of the updates.

Just Joined!
    Well, at this point I give up because obviously nobody wants to help me out....I'm going to replace Kubuntu with the new Chakra Project from their website....