Find the answer to your Linux question:
FOR YEARS.i have been using my samsung cell phone as a modem-on sprint-for internet on my computers-i pay extra.to be able to do this-my sprint cell phone-modem software-want work with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Some basic info-cell as a modem

FOR YEARS.i have been using my samsung cell phone as a modem-on sprint-for internet on my computers-i pay extra.to be able to do this-my sprint cell phone-modem software-want work with win vista and win7.i would like to learn.ubuntu or linux..i have both the latest versions.what i need to know.

is will my cell work with linux and ubuntu.is everything there on the discs.or is there other software.some where else.the i have to down load and install..are there applications.to do this missing from the os disc.that they send..

i see the os-seeing my cell phone.but there is no dialer.but first things first/.is everything needed on these discs..should i go to an older version.of the linux software.would it be easier.

i have been wanting to get away from microsoft for years and learn linux.but i need some one.in the know.to tell me.the basics and if i am going in the wrong direction.is linux and ubuntu..great or crapy and no good.like vista and win7..

nothing but problems.like vista and win 7.to me linux looks good.but on the other hand i am lost.it seems harder to learn.it does not do it for you like.microsoft does.

i do not mind some hard work to learn something great..so come on..people in the know...educate me..what am i getting in to.i need the cell phone internet.

to work in.linux..my cell drivers work in windows xp pro.everything works in xp pro..but i say.why not in linux too..help me please..cause i am lost and want to know...

Yes, it is possible to tether your cell phone to a linux machine. For example: Tether your Android phone to your Linux laptop

Linux is not, in my opinion, more difficult than Windows. But bear in mind how many years you've probably used Windows and how accustomed you've grown. You should not expect to suddenly relearn an entirely new operating system overnight. There is a learning curve. Do not expect linux to be like Windows either, despite superficial similarities.

On your part, if you're going to seek help learning linux from forums, please please please work to make your posts informative and readable. Utilize spell checkers. Punctuate and capitalize appropriately. And provide detailed, specific information about your problems, steps you've already taken, or error messages occurring.

Just Joined!
    Arch Linux-- You shouldn't be so smug!! Not everyone can be an English grammar
    wizard like yourself!! This is the kind of reply that turn newbies away!!

I'm sorry if it came across as smug. The original poster complained in another thread that "no one on these sites.will help you". Well, for better or worse, it's likely that part of his difficulty in getting help is the poor writing. We're all a bunch of people volunteering our time here to help people out and if it takes 5 minutes just to decipher the post, it's less likely someone will answer. It's just advice, take it or leave it.