Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to Linux to Wireless specifically. I followed Waterheads' Start Here primer as best i could. I've attached the files recommended. Thanks in advance. P.S. I had problem posting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Netgear WNA 1100 Wireless adapter can't install.

I'm new to Linux to Wireless specifically. I followed Waterheads' Start Here primer as best i could.

I've attached the files recommended. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I had problem posting all my txt files. I'm recving error message telling me I have 5 images. I've noy incld any images. Contact me get DSmesg via another method.
    My DSMESG.txt is 39.4KB in size I'm confused at this point.
    Attached Files Attached Files

lspci is the wrong command for usb wireless adapters. Can you please post the output of
    Code:
    lsusb

Quote Originally Posted by sburrows View Post
    I'm new to Linux to Wireless specifically. I followed Waterheads' Start Here primer as best i could.

I've attached the files recommended. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I had problem posting all my txt files. I'm recving error message telling me I have 5 images. I've noy incld any images. Contact me get DSmesg via another method.
    My DSMESG.txt is 39.4KB in size I'm confused at this point.
    Try using the code tags provided by the forum software, I believe it will disable the smilies that are causing you this problem.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!

Netgear WNA 1100 Wireless adapter can't install.

Attached is the lsusb.txt file. I missed uploading it last night. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is your usb wireless card
    Code:
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0846:9030 NetGear, Inc.
    Unfortunately, USB cards, especially newer ones, are one of the few things that frequently don't have good linux drivers available. In your case, there is a driver in development, called ath9k_htc. Normally, to install this would require building the newest drivers yourself.

But handily, someone has provided this ath9k_htc installer program.

Download the .deb file, double click to install. Run the program, reboot and cross your fingers.

Just Joined!
    Thank you reed9. Your solution work like a Champ.

However, now I have another issue. The wireless printer which is the same network IP wise, is said to be not on the network or could it mean the wireless adapter is not??. This wireless printer(HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series) is shared by other Windows devices around my house. Once my Linux PC is connected via wireless, shouldn't I be to connect and use the printer. thanks in advance. SYBU

Have you gone to System>Administration>Printing and added the printer? AKAIK, it should work using the hplip drivers and the aforementioned should install everything.

Just Joined!
    Reed9 Thanks. What does AKAIK mean? HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP) is already installed on my system. I attempted to add the printer and the system found my wireless printer and assigned: socket://192.168.1.105:9100. I tried to send a test page print job...It didn't print-No errors. . SYBU