Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I have finally gotten around to loading Ubuntu 10.04 on my old desktop, and I am very pleased with the results. Should have switched to Linux years ago! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless USB dilemma, of course

Hello all,
    I have finally gotten around to loading Ubuntu 10.04 on my old desktop, and I am very pleased with the results. Should have switched to Linux years ago! My dilemma is connecting to the internet via my wireless USB adapter, which apparently is a common problem. I searched through the forum here, and was able to load ndiswrapper, and the windows drivers for my Netgear W111(v2) adaptor.

The good news; that all worked! The bad news; although the computer sees the wireless network available, it will not connect. It keeps trying, and the adapter keeps blinking, but it doesn't make the final connection. I have entered the correct key, and the mac address (hopefully, although I'm not sure if mac adddresses are case sensitive), but still no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I guess I could just buy a more compatible adapter, but this is a challlenge!!

Thanks in advance,
    Hazelwood

Hello and Welcome.
    Start here and post your results using the code tags provided by the forum software, please.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll try this tonight and post the outcome.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close