Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation My Wireless Card Will Not Connect To N Routers

Hi i am running ubuntu 10.10 and the people over at the ubuntu fourms will not offer me any help. i have an Asus usb N13 and it works with 10.10 but it will not connect to a N router only G routers and it will keep disconnecting from the G routers i have WPA2 AES encryption. I have tried to compile the ra link drivers but with no luck i keep getting errors.guys i am new to linux and i love it and i would like to be able to keep linux on my computers. thanks in advance

Angry so much for linux has great community support

ive tried this fourm and ubuntu's and still no help wow i thought linux was suppose to be community "supported"

Hello and Welcome. Sorry no one has responded yet.
    Try this link, it might help and it might not. You seem to have a fairly good grasp at what you are doing and I think that might be why you aren't getting any replies. Tell us as much as you can about the problem and what you have attempted already.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    GA, USA
    what errors are you getting during compilation? and what is the ralink chipset?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    802.11N is backward compatible with 802.11G, so if your network card is operating in G mode, it should still connect with an N-level access point / router. Check to see if your router is configured to support both G and N connections, or N only.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!