Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys, I picked up one of these dongles the other day.. its packaged as the t-mobile broadband stick 615, i think it is the huawei e173... I am running ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

T-mobile USB Mobile Broadband

hi guys,

I picked up one of these dongles the other day.. its packaged as the t-mobile broadband stick 615, i think it is the huawei e173...

I am running LFS 6.3 with 2.6.22.5 (a bit old I know, but I will be updating and would rather download everything in current lfs instead of windows and coping things about)

When I insert the dongle, the kernel finds the internel memory where windows software is installed, /dev/sr0 and the sdcard reader as /dev/sg0.

Other instructions I have found stated to use "eject /dev/sr0" then is should be detected at /dev/ttyUSB{1..4}... eject works, if I use -v it say rin correctly, but dmesg doesn't change and no new ttys..

I went through the kernel and added usb-acm support, but couldn't find anything for the huawei modems, even in search (may have been typo but don't think so).

anyone know any posible kenerl options I could be missing? Or a different way to using eject?

ps using windows to write this, no internet in linux at the moment

Please read this sticky. It might be able to help.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667