Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just started using knoppix and am running it from the live cd it's the newest version to my knowledge. My internet is an atheros ar 5007eg and I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't get internet working on knoppix

I have just started using knoppix and am running it from the live cd it's the newest version to my knowledge. My internet is an atheros ar 5007eg and I also have a sis191 ethernet controller. I have wpa wireless.

Just Joined!
    I would bet your drivers are not installed. Plug into the Ethernet cable Look for additional drivers, and activate it.
    If that don't work open terminal and type "sudo apt-get update" (With out the "quotes")

(Note: if the additional drivers is there but fails, use the above command and try additional drivers again)

Just Joined!
    It seems both fail with the sudo apt-get update I only get a load of webpages and this

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    I have installed knoppix and I still have windows.Also it says I'm connected but every time I try to load a webpage it just doesn't load.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I had a lot of trouble getting my proper Graphic drivers while using Live CD.

You could also try running a Live USB and see if that helps.

BTW its a lot faster.

------------------
    Not sure if it has it but try going to Ubuntu's site and go as if you were downloading Ubuntu

look at step two LiveCD or USB select USB and see if it will support that distro.

It has others then just Ubuntu...

Just Joined!
    Actually forgot to add that I installed it knoppix on a partition.Anyway it says it's it's connected but when I try to visit a website it doesn't load.

Just Joined!
    Did you enable any firewalls?

Just Joined!
    Nope haven't enabled any firewalls