Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there everyone. New here, and new to Linux. So here's my deal (Sorry for my lack of knowledge, this happened a couple months ago...): I few months ago I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Connection issues w/Ubuntu 10.4

Hey there everyone. New here, and new to Linux. So here's my deal (Sorry for my lack of knowledge, this happened a couple months ago...):

I few months ago I got this message to quit something that wasn't running, so I did. I don't remember what it said it was. Since that point, I had connection troubles with the internet. Then one day my little notification symbol in the top right went missing. Then, I deleted the program that connected me to the internet thinking that I could just download it again and reinstall it and everything would work fine. I went to the ubuntu site, installed it, but my computer said it was already downloaded...but I can't access it anymore. I tried to just reboot the entire system and reinstall the new 11 version, but it just sits at a black screen instead of loading.

I am at a total loss here, and I know my description is very vague. Can anyone help? Much thanks.

Easiest, is to donwload and reinstall 10.04 or 10.10. Many users report issues with getting 11.04 to work on their systems, so you can spend hours trying to figure out what has gone wrong and fix it, or you can use a version that worked well on your equipment.
    Registered Linux user #526930