Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, this is the issue. Yesterday I came back from vacations. I was in USA and I live in Canada (Quebec). There, everything was fine. wireless, cable, etc. Now, at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless doesn't work on any distro

Well, this is the issue.
    Yesterday I came back from vacations. I was in USA and I live in Canada (Quebec). There, everything was fine. wireless, cable, etc.

Now, at home, wireless is not working. With the main distro,Mint, it pops-up the Network Manager continually and demands the password continually, and with the live CD's of Ubuntu and Mageia 2 it doesn't connect,neither respond.

My driver, it's a Realtek Semiconductor Co. , Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

The password is just fine. I don't know if the problem is GNU/Linux, or my Internet/Modem that is blocking or doing something to my laptop.Maybe I'm just ****ed up and WiFi is not going to work never again and I wil be obligated to use cable the rest of my life, but I really don't understand. How can changing countries make this?

I am sure is not my computer, neither my drivers, because the system recongnizes them and even tries to connect. I am sure it's the modem or my IP, but I don't know how to solve it.

Wouldn't necessarily rule out the driver. Also moving back to Canada you might have moved to a high radio frequency interference environment. (Try unplugging cordless phone bases, for instance).

If you want to try it, Realtek updated the driver for this device in January; you can try installing that. You can get the driver here: Realtek

Before you install the driver you have to install some other stuff:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    Unpack the driver tar.gz file with Archive Manager.

cd into the 92ce_se_de_linux_mac80211_0005.1230.2011 directory and read the README file.

Install the driver:

Code:
    sudo su
    make
    make install
    Reboot.

If it turns out that RFI from cordless phones is an issue try having the router connect to your computer on the 2.4 GHz band.
    Last edited by hagfish52; 08-27-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Just Joined!
    Replace it other better one.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close