Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys i was enjoying fedora and surfing on it , but today what happened is that message appeared important updates available also showed in list few options i remember ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless not working after installing update in fedora17

Hi guys

i was enjoying fedora and surfing on it , but today what happened is that message appeared important updates available also showed in list few options i remember ,i saw non-free rpm repos and Linux kernel 3.6.xxxxx so i thought to install updates ,upon installation i rebooted laptop but then my laptop wireless did not work , i know it was tough to install it but again that happened still same problem i have to install wireless drivers again.

One thing i wana ask will wireless drivers always has to be reinstalled and configured upon installations of newer updates. if so may be i have to leave fedora.

pls help.

Thanks.

Linux Newbie
    I have never used Fedora, but I can tell you wireless drivers reinstallation has not happened to me on my laptop (used it from Ubuntu 9.04 to 10.04).

Just to make sure everything's working properly, could you post the output of the below codes?

Code:
    lspci
    Code:
    ifconfig -a
    Code:
    sudo iptables -L
    Thank you.