Find the answer to your Linux question:
This may be a silly question, but I was curious if this is possible to do. I have an internal Linksys wifi which runs fine. I also have a Linksys ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual wifi connection ????

This may be a silly question, but I was curious if this is possible to do.

I have an internal Linksys wifi which runs fine. I also have a Linksys USB wifi card with the Broadcom chipset which also works fine. I installed the Linux driver for the USB card on SolusOS and when I did, it connected the same PC twice to my phones 4G mobile hotspot and both were saying active and even my phone said there were 2 connections.

Now my real question is, if I do this, can I connect to 2 different sources, 1 on each wifi card and get better speed? Let's say I connect each wifi card to a different internet source such as 2 hotspots. Just curious and if anybody has an answer (even if it's telling me my idea is silly), then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last time I tried what you are doing was I was trouble shooting a internal wireless card dropping out from overheating. I disabled wireless in bios and ran off of external usb wifi till I figured out
    why the internal card was overheating. Since then I moved the external usb to a Desktop computer.

Now my real question is, if I do this, can I connect to 2 different sources,
    I'm just wondering. Is SolusOS giving you 2 Network Managers, one for each wireless piece of hardware, (internal and external) to do what you want to do.

get better speed
    Probably not. But you won't know till you test.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Last time I tried what you are doing was I was trouble shooting a internal wireless card dropping out from overheating. I disabled wireless in bios and ran off of external usb wifi till I figured out
    why the internal card was overheating. Since then I moved the external usb to a Desktop computer.

I'm just wondering. Is SolusOS giving you 2 Network Managers, one for each wireless piece of hardware, (internal and external) to do what you want to do.

Probably not. But you won't know till you test.

It was showing both active and both were connected to the same source which was my phones hotspot which also showed 2 connections

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close