Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking for Atheros AR9485 wireless driver for RHEL5 2.6.18 kernel version. I have searched a lot and found two sources but not valid for this combination. The first ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Atheros driver for RHEL 2.6.18 kernel

I am looking for Atheros AR9485 wireless driver for RHEL5 2.6.18 kernel version.
    I have searched a lot and found two sources but not valid for this combination. The first one is the ath9k at Linux Wireless but even the oldest release does not support kernel less than 2.6.25. The second source is the madwifi-project for which MadWifi and ath5k does not support AR9485 while ath9k redirects to the Linux Wireless page.

So, I need help to either compile the ath9k driver for 2.6.18-348.el5xen kernel or get a precompiled driver for the required kernel release. The ath9k readme says, "Linux wireless subsystem enhancements for kernels 2.6.25 and above. It is technically possible to support kernels < 2.6.25 but more work is required for that." If someone knows how to compile for 2.6.18 kernel please help.

First see what you have in the repo lists of your distro.
    Open the Package Installer, and in the search box write: atheros
    You should have two packages there: Firmware for Atheros and Tool for Atheros WLAN cards.