Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying to get my machine to access the wireless network at my college and I can't get it onto the internet. The network manager applet will say that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Can't enable wwan on college wifi network.

I've been trying to get my machine to access the wireless network at my college and I can't get it onto the internet.

The network manager applet will say that I'm connected then when I try to use the network (for anything at all) it times out.

I've asked them about this and apparently this sort of thing is usually caused by improper wwan settings. nmcli says that wwan is disabled and no matter what I do I can't seem to enable it.

I'm using Linux mint 13 and I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wireless card.

Trusted Penguin
    hi,

i doubt WWAN is your problem. at least WWAN should not come into play when attempting to connect to your local wireless network.

i would start by read this sticky first, and then posting your relevant details back here. some helpful types will hopefully be able to chime in and set you straight, once we better understand your situation.

Well actually I was able to connect to the network just fine, but I was never able to do anything on the internet at all. It doesn't matter anymore though, I've just upgrade to Mint 16 and it's working now.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    upgrading the OS is actually a good idea, when there are hardware issues. an updated OS means an updated kernel, along with device drivers.

marking as Solved for you.